Friday, July 20, 2012

13 days to go...

Okay so a quick update...

Thursday was the wedding of the new Mr and Mrs Boyce, congratulations to them! It was a great wedding and a privilege for Lizzie and I to be there and the way they expressed their faith throughout the ceremony and reception was beautiful. And like I said in my previous post it was great that we didn't have to move up and down the road to attend which was a bonus although we are looking forward to our new start in Caerleon. Speaking of which we're leaving in 13 days time for Wales and as you may know I'm big on prayer. Incredibly we've managed to get our flat rented, although our flat is well worth renting so that's not so amazing, but what is amazing is the first person who viewed it a day or so after it went on the market loved it and will be the living there very soon. We were quite worried about this aspect as having a mortgage on a property we wouldn't be living in without any income from it would be a challenge. People may say this isn't an answer to prayer but it is. We prayed and God graciously answered, we could have waited a while before we got a tenant but we got one straight away. It's a burden off our shoulders knowing that we don't need to be worrying about the flat. Interestingly she moves in on the day I start my new job. 



The Burrell Collection cafe
looking nice and clean
Some of the residents of Pollok Country Park
So the next thing on the agenda is me finishing up work this weekend. Since November I've been working with Cordia in the Burrell Collection, in Pollok Country Park doing cleaning so from Monday it won't be as clean as it has been! It's a nice place to work and I've enjoyed working with the people there so I'll miss that. I still have several shifts at my other job to go but the money will from that will get us to Wales and to be honest I love working in Adelaides having been there since 2010. So things are taking shape nicely and we've packed, well mostly Lizzie has packed, a few more boxes. On Sunday the 29th of July at 7:30 I'll get to say a few words at the church Lizzie and I go to, about that I'll be doing in Wales, which will be the day after our going away night out. I'm excited about both of these things as I think it is important to go with the best wishes of friends and family and the prayer and blessing of our home church. It's the people we're going to miss the most and part of the reason for this blog is to try and keep in contact with our friends and family wherever they are. 
Sleepy Cow!


Hopefully we'll have a chance to catch up with as many family and friends before we leave Glasgow. I hadn't intended on putting these pics on my blog but these are just some of the views we'll be missing. I never thought I'd say this but we're going to miss Glasgow too.



The west end of Glasgow.
Our flat's down there somewhere!
Hard to believe this is 5 minutes walk from our flat!


What we wake up to every day,
 although normally there's no snow.



No comments:

Post a Comment