Thursday, March 1, 2012

A new hope

A long time ago in a country far, far away I recieved an advert for a job in another country far, far away (Not to be confused with Far, Far Away from Shrek as it's in Wales)Yes a shameless rip off of George Lucas' sci-fi epic but in terms of my employment history it is for me a new hope. Ok so back in September/October when I was in England I was given an advert for the position of youth worker with a church in the south of Wales. Although technically speaking I would be employed by OMS, which means I'd be employed as a missoinary, (http://www.onemissionsociety.org.uk/) I'd be based in a village just outside of Newport. Obviously this is very exciting for Lizzie and I but it's been an answer to our prayers and the whole process has helped me grow in faith.  Before I received official confirmation of getting the job I felt God was saying to me that I'd been accepted for the position. Obviously there was no big booming megaphone voice but a very clear sense of' "Steven you've got the Wales job."
When I got the phone call later that week, from Wales, Lizzie had just come off nightshift and she was just in bed falling asleep when Owen phoned to tell me. That being said he had an almost apologetic sound, you know the kind where they're saying I don't know how to tell you but you've not got the job, and he was saying; "Erm Steven" in his thick Welsh accent "Have you got 5 minutes?" I was thinking at this point just spit it out and tell me someone else has got the job. It's funny how I went from being so confident to doubting all because of one sentence! Anyway he said that I got the job. Later on when Lizzie got up she asked who it was and I said it was about the Wales job and she said she thought it was and she thought I had the job - how wonderfully intuitive of her.
The job itself is great as I'd be doing something that I'm really passionate about, youth work, and I'd be the first youth worker at Lodge farm Church which is incredible. If I can trouble anyone with some prayer points on here they are:
  1. Lizzie would be able to get a job in one of the many hospitals within a fairly close promiximity to Carleon.
  2. That we'd be able to get our flat rented.
 I'll keep everyone posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment