Thursday, September 20, 2012

Homeland




'My' hometown.

 

 



There is something odd, weird even, in my opinion about being on holiday in Glasgow. The first time I ever spent time away from home in Glasgow there was something surreal about waking up in the morning and looking west to see where I lived.

Ten years later, to the day by coincidence, and I found myself staying at the the in-laws. For the last week and a bit Lizzie and I have been in Glasgow, well Bishopbriggs, which has been nice. I had forgot how busy Glasgow is compared with Caerleon. In a busy 10 days it's been good meeting family, friends, churches, and house group in this surprise holiday home. However, one family member, Lizzie's auntie, has been very ill and is sadly back in hospital. If we had a chance to see you it was good meeting up but if we didn't then sorry and we hopefully will next time. Aside from that we had some humdrum things to do like go to the bank, as I've had some problems with my account since moving, and I've still not got my new phone!! More excitingly Lizzie and her mum did a 10k run at Strathclyde Park in Running the Race, a missions sponsered event, while her dad and I manned the WEC tent.


Strathclyde Park- where the race was run.
At least Oscar was pleased to see us.

It was also a good chance to take some time out from what has been a very quick August. Having some time out to think about how our first month in Wales has been, getting preparation done, and then returning home has been helpful. Sitting in Starbucks has a strange affect on  me in that I feel compelled to finish what I sat down to do and bearing that in mind it's forced me to be more focused upon returning now that everything has restarted, save Friday night youth club. However, that's due to a change in the way we are doing things and it will be starting back in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment